- Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
- First sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care requirements and top-rated by EWG since creation in 2010 with a “1” rating. Recipient of more awards than any other sun care line.
- Free of biologically harmful chemicals like avobenzone, oxybenzone, paraben, phthalates, PABA, 1,4 dioxane, and UV chemical absorbers.
- Highly effective with an SPF at 50+. Highest level of water resistance per the FDA (80-minute water resistance) and broad-spectrum coverage for UVA and UVB.
- Reef Friendly: Free of known reef damaging chemicals and achieves the highest level of biodegradability Non-nano zinc oxide formulation, non-aerosol formulation
- Applies and absorbs easily without the oily feeling or obtrusive smell of traditional sunscreens. Cruelty Free (Leaping Bunny) certified, Gluten free & Vegan
From the manufacturer
CEO & Founder Kevin Brodwick – Chief Thinker
Thinkbaby Safe Sunscreen
- UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum
- Mineral Based Formula
- Water Resistant (80 Minuets)
- Made in the USA
- Non-Oily Feel
Thinkbaby & Thinksport address the growing concern of toxic chemicals leaching from consumer products and aim to create safe alternatives for babies to athletes alike.
With a team of physicians & scientists, Thinkbaby & Thinksport lead in the usage of safe materials for consumer products. We don’t wait for materials to make headlines in order to make a change. We continue to expand our products to offer alternatives to existing products on the market. Our efforts are energized by working with leading child advocacy partners & like-minded individuals seeking alternative products. We approach each product with the same criteria: safe, functional, & sustainable.
The cosmetic industry is highly unregulated. The best regulation will come from consumers selecting safe solutions.
UVA & UVB Broad-Spectrum
Consumers have been led to believe that ultra-high SPF numbers like 70 and 100 provide much more protection than SPF 30. This is False. SPF 30 provides 97% protection from UVB and SPF 100 provides 99% coverage for UVB. We tell folks if you look at the back of the tube and you see a bunch of words you don’t recognize, you probably don’t want to put that on your skin. It is important that you’re using a truly Broad-spectrum formula that covers UVA and UVB.
Mineral Based Formula
Chemical sunscreens make up the majority of the market unfortunately. They are both cheap and apply clear. Mineral based solutions can cause some amount of whitening during use and are also more expensive. But at what cost is it cheaper. Some mineral base formulations have also taken to using clear zinc or nano particle sized zinc or titanium. We recommend sourcing a non-nano zinc oxide solution. There is just not enough data on the ability for nano particles getting into the blood stream. As such, it is better to embrace the Precautionary principle.
There are now three levels of water resistance. Not water resistant, water resistant (40 minutes) and water resistant (80 minutes). We have all become used to seeing words like sweatproof or waterproof. There are now very specific tests. Keep in mind, that if you’re at the beach or pool that you’ll need to reapply after being in the water. And to achieve the SPF factor of your sunscreen you have to reapply every two hours. One application does not keep you at SPF 50 or whatever is on the sunscreen label. And you should be using about 1oz to cover an adult body.
Tips for Application
- Be sure to apply all areas that will be exposed to sunlight, including behind the ears, neck, hands, feet, and scalp15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Reapply after80 minutes of swimming or sweating, immediately after towel drying,at least every 2 hours.
- While the sunscreen applies very easily, we recommend not spreading it too thin. Otherwise you will decrease the effectiveness of the sunscreen.
The majority of sunscreens currently on the market are full of questionable ingredients and known carcinogens. Simply looking at the ingredients you’ll quickly realize you don’t recognize any of them. Many existing sunscreens have been brought to market with little concern for their safety. Not only do ingredients in sunscreen interact with skin, but data shows after application of lotions, some of the same chemicals can be detected in the bloodstream.Most people wear sunscreen to reduce the chance of developing cancer, so why apply something that could potentially increase this risk? This question has unfortunately left many people moving away from using sunscreen at all.
Thinkbaby & Thinksport employ the precautionary principle when choosing the materials to work with.
Since our company’s inception, we have been focused on being socially responsible. For us this means:
Create safe products. Have the least impact possible on the environment in the creation, packaging, usage, and disposal of product possible. Connect to non-profit organizations engaged in activities that help the world become a safer, healthier place.
We came up withThinksocial as a way to empower consumers to choose which non-profits they feel most connected to and want to monetarily support. We call it the democratization of social responsibility.
Tips for Application
Our Chemical Policy
|Thinkbaby Baby Lotion 8oz||Thinkbaby Soup Bowl High Rise, Light Green||Thinkbaby Thinkster of Ultra Polished Stainless Steel, Blue||Thinksport SPF 50 Plus Sunscreen, 3oz||Thinksport Deodorant, Green/White/Black, Aloe and Tea Flowers, 2.9oz||Thinksport 500Ml Insulated Sports Bottle, Yellow, 17 oz|
Size:1 Unit (3 Ounce)
All of our Thinkbaby body care all-stars in a convenient set. Includes our award-winning 50+ SPF Safe Sunscreen, and our Shampoo & Body Wash, Baby Lotion, and Bubble Bath. Each body care item is a full 8 ounces with a convenient pump, while the sunscreen is our full 3 ounce tube (big enough for many uses, small enough to fly with). We specially formulated our body care with the same kind of thought that went into our BPA-free baby feeding line – safe ingredients, BPA-free packaging, and no animal testing.